Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hung Over and Recovering


So I had too much drink last night and had a mild hang over this morning. It was a decent night at another friend's birthday party. Today is also my brothers birthday, he is nineteen today. I kind of miss him. Which is odd because normally I can't stand being around him for more than a minute. We just not got along to well. Maybe our personalities are too different or too similar. I am not sure. I just miss seeing him or having him around. I find myself unable to put my finger on what exactly I miss about him. 
Liz is coming up to visit soon which I am very excited about. I did not hang out with her enough over winter break. I regret that. I don't have any idea what we will do when she comes up here, but I am sure we will find something. 
So recently I have been very self assured of my ability in making art and drawing. Yesterday we had Paul Caster for figure drawing. It was unexpected and deeply unnerving. Yet, I really enjoyed it. It felt good to have my skills put into perspective. I am wanting to work even harder now. I came to MIAD to learn how to draw the figure and to watch him teach, to see the knowledge he held, reaffirmed my coming to Milwaukee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment