Sunday, January 18, 2009

The long weekend of winter 2009


I have had a lot of nightmares lately. Always about my family and dead animals. Kind of fucked up. 

So, we ended up having a five day week end. This odd event took place because of two reasons : the two snow days and MLK day. Thus far I have found it odd, slightly boring, slightly dull, slightly relaxing, and somewhat frustrating.  Thursday I hung out with one of my ex's. It was nice, simple. We went to target and he also brought me muffins. After that I went at hung out with a newer friend. This semester I am trying to cultivate new friendships. Maybe in places I won't normally look for one. I stayed out till four in the morning. It was nice. I also got hit on I guess, but her neighbor. That was slightly unnerving. 
On Friday I went to gallery night. It felt good to go out and see some nice work, done both by my professors and my peers. I really enjoyed Shane's show. It was very moving. It kind of slowly lured you in. Like looking at it longer allowed you to see more. 
Then last night I went to a friend's birthday party. It kind of sucked. Okay, it really sucked. But not because of her. The people there were not my favorite people. She however is an awesome person. I wish I had a class with her this semester. After her party we went to a frat party. Which was tolerable, but I am glad I do not go to parties much anymore, especially frat parties. 
Things with my roommate are okay. Mostly because he is gone so much. I know he is aware of my dislike for him to some extent or another. I am just leery. He has changed so much, so rapidly. I have learned that when someone is capable of that much change, so fast, they tend to change a lot and not have any real values or core personality. I may just be overly harsh though in my assessment of his mental state. 
I miss my mom and my dad a lot. I kind of wish I was going home this summer to live with them again. I really miss them. So many good memories are attached to them, it is hard to not see them more than a couple of times a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment